Welcome to the Nine Arches Press and Under the Radar magazine submissions portal.
Under the Radar magazine will be open to submissions of poetry and short fiction for each new issue on the following dates in 2017:
1st February - 28th February 2017
(for issue 20, Summer 2017)
1st June - 30th June 2017
(for issue 21, Winter 2017)
1st October - 31st October 2017
(for issue 22, Spring 2018)
We strongly advise that you please read the guidelines for submission for each category carefully before submitting your writing to the magazine.
We will be open to submissions of poetry collection manuscripts on the following dates in 2017:
1st April - 30th April 2017
1st November - 30th November 2017
Please note that we are not currently accepting submissions of poetry pamphlets, children's poetry or illustrated books.
We strongly advise you read our submissions guidelines in full here before submitting poetry to Nine Arches Press, and familiarise yourself with our publications. Please support us so we can continue to consider, edit and publish new poetry.
- 1st April - 30th April 2017
We unfortunately cannot consider submissions which ignore these guidelines.
Please ensure you have familiarised yourself with our submissions advice, which can be found here. We do strongly urge all poets to consider submitting via Under the Radar magazine first, and acquainting themselves with Nine Arches Press publications before submitting full collections of poetry.
Please do not submit work outside of these dates. Submissions to Under the Radar magazine can be made during several open submission periods each year. See here for further information about submitting your work to Under the Radar.
- Please note that we are not currently accepting submissions for poetry pamphlets, children's poetry or illustrated books.
- We are currently accepting submissions for both debut collections from new or emerging poets (for our Debut series) and submissions from established poets with previous collections published.
- We have no regional bias; though we are based in the Midlands, we are seriously interested in publishing work from poets nationally.
- We actively encourage and welcome diverse submissions, and would love to see more poetry submitted from women, BAME, disabled and LGBTQ poets.
- We request that you send us a sample of twenty poems in one document from your full collection in the first instance. Please also include a short biographical note, which should include information of any previous or forthcoming publication (in magazines, journals, pamphlets, collections, online etc.).
- Please only submit previously unpublished work. By this, we mean that the collection of poems you are sending us should not have already been published either in physical form or online together as one complete collection, book or pamphlet. Publication of individual poems in various or selected magazines, journals, or e-magazines is fine. Please contact us if you're unsure.
- We will only seriously consider publishing poets who have a proven track record of publication for their poems in the United Kingdom in some form. By this, we mean that you have had a record of previous publication of your poems in some of the following: poems in magazines or journals, featured or winning as part of prizes or competitions, published in anthologies, in pamphlets or in previous full collections (but not in self-published volumes). If you have no track record of publication in any of the forms listed above, please consider this point carefully before sending us your work, as it is highly unlikely we would accept a collection where the poet has no track record of previous publication of poems elsewhere. If in doubt, please send us an email to clarify.
- Please do not make multiple submissions, either by sending us work you have also simultaneously submitted to other publishers, or by sending further work for us to consider before we have responded to your first submission. We cannot consider submissions which ignore this request.
We do have a very high volume of work to consider, so please allow at least twelve weeks for a reply with regard to your submission.