Welcome to the Nine Arches Press and Under the Radar magazine submissions portal.
Under the Radar magazine will be open to submissions of poetry and short fiction for each new issue on the following dates in 2018:
1st - 31st May 2018
1st - 30th November 2018
1st June - 30th June 2018
1st December - 31st December 2018
We strongly advise that you please read the guidelines for submission for each category carefully before submitting your writing to the magazine.
You can also submit full poetry collections for Nine Arches Press to consider for publication here.
We will be open to submissions of poetry collection manuscripts on the following dates in 2018:
1st - 30th April 2018
1st - 30th October 2018
Please note that we are not currently accepting submissions of poetry pamphlets, children's poetry or illustrated books.
We strongly advise you read our submissions guidelines in full here before submitting poetry to Nine Arches Press, and familiarise yourself with our publications. Please support us so we can continue to consider, edit and publish new poetry.
SUBMISSIONS WILL BE OPEN:
1st - 30th June 2018
1st - 31st December 2018
We welcome submissions of short fiction to Under the Radar magazine, but please take note of the following guidelines and our open submissions dates.
- All submissions for Under the Radar must be made online through our Submittable portal, during our open submissions dates. Please contact us if you are not able to access Submittable online to arrange alternative method of submission. Please do not send submissions to the main Nine Arches Press email address.
- Please do not make multiple or simultaneous submissions, either by sending us work you have also simultaneously submitted to other magazines, competitions or publications, or by sending us further work to consider before we have responded to your first submission. We cannot consider submissions that ignore this request.
- In addition, please do not submit and then withdraw work because you have sent it to another magazine in between and had part or all of your submission accepted for publication elsewhere. This can result in other people losing out on the opportunity to be published if you work has already been longlisted or shortlisted, and wastes a great deal of time for editors who have taken care and time to consider your writing.
- Please submit no more than six poems, or a maximum 2,500-3000 words of short fiction.
- Please only submit previously unpublished work.
- Please include a covering letter with your full postal address, as well as a short biographical note (in the third person of no more than 50 words).
- We are not able to offer payment for poems or short stories selected for publication in the magazine. We do however send every writer a complimentary copy of the magazine and a voucher for a discount on our subscription rates.
- To ensure plenty of variety, we do not feature the same poets in consecutive issues. Please allow at least six months before submitting to the magazine again if we have already published some of your poems in the most recent issue.
- We do receive a high volume of submissions, so please allow at least 12 weeks from the close of the submissions window for our reply.
If you do have a query about submission, which is not covered by these guidelines, you can contact us at: email@example.com